BE CAREFUL! Check phone numbers and email addresses with the official website of the company!
Polyvinyl chloride is a versatile thermoplastic material obtained from ethylene (hydrocarbon derivative product) and salt by vinyl chloride polymerization. Two components – chlorine and ethylene – are necessary to produce polyvinyl chloride (PVC).
Chlorine is produced by electrolysis of sodium salt, the natural reserves of which are almost inexhaustible. Ethylene is a derivative of hydrocarbon refining and consists of carbon and hydrogen. Through electrolysis a common salt solution is chemically changed to chlorine gas which interacts with ethylene to produce another gas – vinyl chloride monomer. VCM is then combined in long and solid chains forming the end product – PVC white powder. The process of transformation of vinyl chloride monomer into polyvinyl chloride is called polymerization. PVC is the cheapest of large-tonnage polymers and even 0,5% of its cost is enough to compensate energy consumption caused by its production. Advanced technologies of the PVC production and waste recycling are safe and prevent technogenic impact on the environment and human health.
- Weathering stability. PVC is resistant to aggressive environmental factors is therefore the material of choice for roofing.
- Versatility. PVC can be flexible or rigid.
- Fire protection. PVC is a material resistant to ignition due to its chlorine content.
- Longevity. PVC products can last up to 100 years and even more.
- Hygiene. PVC is the material of choice for medical applications, particularly blood components storage containers.
- Barrier properties. PVC can be made impervious to liquids, vapors and gases.
- Recyclability. PVC is very recyclable, more so than many other plastics.
- Public Safety. PVC has often fallen under unfounded attempts so that today it is one of the best explored materials in the world due to serious scientific researches carried in order to disprove accusations.
- Economical efficiency. PVC is the cheapest of large-tonnage polymers providing many products with the best quality-price ratio.